Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Track and Cupcakes!


It's track season! Yaaaaaaaaaay! My favorite time of year! I even got cute sweatpants! I've envied these sweatpants for years, it seems like everyone at ICA has them. Most of whom don't do track... And I had nothing to show for my 4 years of dedicated, complaint-free participation. But now I have snazzy sweatpants to show off! And show them off I will... Look at my sweatpants!












I also have blisters on my feet, jammed ankles, and shin splints. Yep... I love this time of year. Actually, I really do :) Our first meet is Monday and although I am not looking forward to the cold that is inevitable, I am pretty excited to compete and get that your-legs-are-going-to-fall-off feeling.

Plus, my sister is joining me this season. Can't wait to see her experience her first meet! Maybe we'll even run a relay together? Can you say best sister bonding time?
 But hey don't worry, I am making sure I don't lose any weight with all this track hard work. Cupcakes!



Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Adapted from Bakerella
(21-24 Cupcakes)


Cupcake Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cocoa
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup hot water
36 Oreos, plus some for crumbs

Frosting Ingredients
2 cups butter
6 cups powdered sugar
2 tsps vanilla
8 Tbs milk
4 or more tsps of Oreo crumbs

Cupcake Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Step 1-- Line tray with 24 liners and put one cookie in the bottom of each.
Step 2-- Mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 3-- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Add hot water and mix until combined.
Step 4-- Scoop batter into each baking cup so it's about three quarters full.
Step 5-- Bake for 16-18 minutes.


 Frosting Directions
Step 1-- Beat the shortening in a mixer until smooth.
Step 2-- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 3-- Add the powdered sugar in thirds, scraping down the sides after each addition.
Step 4-- Add a tablespoon of milk at a time and mix until you have the consistency you want.
Step 5-- Add the cookie crumbs and mix until completely combined. Add more crumbs if you would like.
Step 6-- Carefully cut the remaining 12 Oreos in half with a serrated knife.
Step -- Frost your cupcakes and push a cookie half into the frosting.

 And of course... Enjoy!

Yummm!

2 comments:

  1. Ah,this reminds me of a conversation Sam and I had the other day. He was insisting that "Cookies and Cream" was a real thing, not just invented by Oreo, but like, akin to peaches and cream. Like, fill a bowl with any cookie, pour cream on it, and eat. I kept arguing that yes, even though cookies and ice cream is a thing, and his version of cookies and cream is probably actually better for you, it just wasn't a real thing. He looked it up. "It WAS invented by Oreo!" came the distraught cry from the living room. :)Anyway...these look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Sam, always looking things up... I would rather have an Oreo than a soggy cream cookie anyway :)

      Delete