Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Typewriters

 My typewriter. I've clacked many thoughts out on that typewriter! Every turning point in my life has been prominently cataloged with that typewriter. Recently, I organized all these papers covered in ideas, feelings, and typos. As I read them chronologically, I began to pick out the little phrases of each that encompassed all the ideas of the page and emotions leading to its creation. Each page is so different from its companions. Some are happy, some are sad. Some are hopeful, some are cynical. Collectively, they are the story of my life. But they also give proof to a much greater story. They are all illustrations of love. God's love. These pages, typed in times of deep distress and moments of overwhelming excitement, are changing. But they give evidence of an unchanging, everlasting love. In my brightest moments, God was there. In my darkest moments, God was there. God was-- is-- always there loving me. That doesn't change. Even when we are unpredictable and are changing everyday, God will always be in loving control. I get chills when I think about His continual presence! In the midst of this confusing, unpredictable world, it is comforting to know that we can always count on the love of God.


"Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you."-- Psalm 63:3



No comments:

Post a Comment