Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Catching-Up

1. I went to Wreck-It Ralph last night and laughed my head off. I also "Awwed" a lot. The movie started with the cutest short film "Paper Man". Up started something with the 3 minute love stories without words. I  was able to watch a really cute, funny movie about video games which ended with this song:

A perfect song to dance/walk out of the theater to. I have a feeling it will be playing a lot in my house for the next few days.

2. Poetry is hard. I really like reading it, but it is so difficult to write! I am the kind of girl that rambles three pages off in my journal on a regular basis without saying much. Saying a lot in a 14 line sonnet is not good for me (actually it is probably really good for me, I just don't like it :P). It goes without saying that I will NEVER post one of my poems on here.

3. I am a crier. This is a new discovery I am making. I never used to cry much, only on very rare occasions when I thought my world was going to end. Now it seems like every emotion (or song) can bring me to tears:
So I just found this song this morning, it is really sweet...I like it a lot....

4. I have TWO new recipes! 


Oat Pancakes
Servings: About 4 pancakes

Ingredients 
1/2 cup oat flour (Just put a little more than 1/2 cup of oatmeal in your blender or food processor until it is flour consistency)
2 Tbs whole wheat flour
1 Tbs wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white
1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce

Directions
Step 1- Whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Step 2- Add egg white, milk, and applesauce. Mix with a wooden spoon  until thoroughly combined.
Step 3- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto a slightly greased skillet at medium heat.
Step 4- Wait until pancakes are bubbly on the outside then flip and allow to cook through.
Step 5-Top with your favorite fruit or syrup and enjoy!

Nutrition Facts (for the whole batch):
Calories: 287
Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
Sodium: 1166 mg (for this you might want to leave out the salt, this would make the sodium 596 mg)
Carbs: 47 g
Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 17 g
Sugar: 7 g

The second recipe is entitled Breakfast Pockets and will be posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment