Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Countering Accusations

A few weeks ago I wrote a post describing my journey to understanding grace. I cannot explain how freeing it is to catch glimpses of God's awesome plan of grace and yet realize we will never be able to fully grasp its greatness. However, soon after that post, the accuser snuk up and has been trying desperately to steal away my freedom. I was confronted with how seriously flawed I am. I felt so guilty for my behavior and  questioned my right to call myself a Christian. It has been a difficult battle trying to sort out these lies being thrown at me, but God has been with me, comforting me and helping me battle it out and see the truth about what he thinks of me.

"My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 1 John 2:1

"No one born of God makes a practice of sinning for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9

I have sins. I have flaws. I fail deeply. But I am being sanctified by Christ who is ridding the entire world of sin! Therefore, I can be confident before the Father, knowing that He is not judging my sins, but Christ's righteousness. In the blood of the lamb I have freedom; I refuse to let that be taken away. I know my actions do not cause God to love me any more or any less, I am already His child. All I can do is confess my failures and ask for His grace to cover and eliminate them. And hope in Christ by abiding in His life, where I find salvation.

" See what kind of love the Father has given to us that we may be called children of God;  and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we will know when it appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure." 1 John 3:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment